The Franklin Park Coalition’s mission is to serve as a voice for Franklin Park, a 527-acre historic greenspace located in the geographic heart of Boston and surrounded by some of the cities most diverse neighborhoods. We work to engage all park users and community members through advocacy, programs, and restoration.
To carry out our mission we:
- Work for park improvements- better park management, public transit options to the park, entrance beautification, bicycle access, restoration of historic features, and more.
- Advocate with public officials to make sure that Franklin Park is not neglected.
- Produce the Elma Lewis Playhouse in the Park free summer concert series.
- Hire neighborhood youth for summer jobs restoring the woodlands and promoting the park.
- Sponsor the annual spring Kite & Bike Festival and other seasonal festivals.
- Recruit volunteers to restore the park’s 220-acre forest.
- Promote Franklin Park Moves for Health to encourage fitness and exercise in the park.
- Lead park walks, history tours, and nature programs to encourage city dwellers to discover the park’s treasures.
- Work with public safety agencies to help people feel safe in the park.